Wednesday, June 12, 2013

F's experience in Kindermusik with Teacher Suzette



When my little daughter turned two I thought of enrolling her in a class so she’ll learn to socialize and interact more with other kids.  Something fun where she can learn and play.   One of my friends suggested Kindermusik.  I searched their website to learn more about their program and was happy to know that KM class is more on joyful activities using music and movement.  I have instilled music on my daughter since she was still in my tummy by playing Mozart and the like (I still do until now every night as a lullabye for her to go to sleep) because I believe that music stimulates the brain. So I thought this would be great for her! Their program is taught by licensed educators in over 66 countries worldwide that means it’s good and reputable.   The nearest class I found was in Capitol Hills which was an hour’s travel time from our home.  I enrolled Francesca when she was 2 years and 3 months old and she finished two semesters in Our Time curricula.


F was able to finish Milk and Cookies and Fiddle Dee Dee class.  These are the Kindermusik At-Home Materials which helped continue the joy of learning at home.  I still play the CDs and read the books to her until now.


On the first day of class I really don’t know what to expect.  When class started I was surprised when F bounced in the middle of the circle dancing as teacher Suzette sings It’s Our time.





For 45 minutes children have so much fun clapping, rocking, marching, rolling, tapping, jumping and moving to the beat.  Props like scarves, balls, drums, hoops, wooden music instruments, a colorful parachute, a maypole and so many more are introduced for them to dance and sing with.  Using these instruments, pretend play is more fun and it definitely enhanced F's imagination sometimes F will flit around the house using a scarf like she’s a flying butterfly.


               Dust, dust, dust! Scrub, scrub, scrub! To clean the dirt away!



                                                Storytelling with teacher Suzette



        F loves it when I put her on my lap and she bounces while we chant a song. 



Rocking time or Quiet time... lights are turned off & soft music is played... it's bubble time for F!




At the end of every activity Teacher Suzette sings Pack Away and the children follows putting away the instruments they used.  F practices this at home... she packs away her toys whenever I sing this and she joins me in the singing as well.



One thing that makes this class so great is the amazing teacher! Teacher Suzette does a fantastic job of teaching the kids! I learned that Kindermusik with Teacher Suzette and Friends is ranked among the top 5% of Kindermusik programs worldwide.  I thank our lucky stars we got to enroll here.  For me, she’s the best teacher! She sings well and the children loves her! I thought for a while she’s the voice behind the nursery songs in the take home CDs that’s how good her voice sounds.


This is my favorite part saying farewell.  Teacher Suzette calls the name of the children one by one as she sings goodbye and everyone repeats it.



I saw how my daughter progressed after the KM classes.  It helped develop her confidence, she's a little social butterfly now! hahaha I know F misses KM already whenever we pass Commonwealth area she gets giddy with excitement and hoots school! Teacher Suzette! Hang in there daughter we're just waiting for Daddy to arrive then we'll enroll you again! 



                                    Kindermusik is a bonding time for our family


                                     She loves Kindermusik with teacher Suzette!



Here's the Kindermusik located in Capitol Hills 








No comments:

Post a Comment